According to a report of the newest edition of the Famitsu Magazine, since the start of the first Xbox in 2002, over a total of 2.3 million Xbox consoles were sold in Japan.
The Lion’s share of the total of 2,345,975 sold Xbox consoles is the Xbox 360, which comes on 1,616,128 units.
In addition, it is apparent from the report that the Xbox Series X | S has already overbooked the overall sales of the Xbox One in Japan at the current date.
Total sales of different Xbox consoles in Japan
- Xbox – 472.992
- Xbox 360 – 1.616.128
- Xbox One – 114.831
- Xbox Series X | S – 142.024
The Xbox game best selling in Japan is the Dead Or Alive 3 published in February 2002 with a total of 271,149 specimens sold. Thus, whole 46 percent of Japanese Xbox players were in possession of the beating game.
Best selling Xbox games in Japan
- Dead or Alive 3 (Xbox) – 217.149
- Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope (Xbox 360) – 208.521
- Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360) – 204.305
- Blue Dragon (Xbox 360) – 203.740
- The Last Remnant (Xbox 360) – 154.493